SatSpy Date Problems

Dave Cappellucci (dcappell@rmii.com)
Wed, 23 Oct 96 17:33 MDT

There have been a few postings lately which have noted a problem with the 
dates in SatSpy 1.0.  As the guilty party, I want to confirm the problem.  I 
found a bug with the date conversion routines.  This problem was introduced 
during a fix I made earlier this year and has to do with leap year date 
conversions (1996 is a leap year).  During the months of October and 
November, the dates will be advanced by one day, but otherwise, the passes 
are correct.  Just remember to subtract one day and you will be alright.

That's the bad news.  The good news is that I have just finished work on 
SatSpy 2.0.  This bug has been fixed and I've added many new features as 
well.  Those of you who have registered copies of version 1.0 will be 
receiving updates in the next week or so.  I will be making the "official" 
release announcement soon.

Dave.

P.S.:  Sorry about the delay in posting this reply.  I kept sending it to 
the wrong address (this is my third attempt).  I want to say thanks to 
Jeffrey Hunt for seting me straight.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Dave Cappellucci                         http://www.usa.net/~dcappell -
- Acappella Publishing                     http://www.usa.net/acappella -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------